10/16/2008

Work for the Levites

Numbers 4:46-49 - So Moses, Aaron and the leaders of Israel counted all the Levites by their clans and families. All the men from thirty to fifty years of age who came to do the work of serving and carrying the Tent of Meeting numbered 8,580. At the LORD's command through Moses, each was assigned his work and told what to carry.

I wonder how many men it actually took to handle all of the jobs related to the Tent of Meeting. Was there a unique job for each man? Probably not. They probably took turns, having several men assigned to each job. If not, what would happen if a man was sick or injured and couldn't perform his assigned task? And what would happen later when the total number of men changed -- either increased or decreased?

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment