10/21/2008

Moses' Cushite Wife

Numbers 12:1-2 - Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. "Has the LORD spoken only through Moses?" they asked. "Hasn't he also spoken through us?" And the LORD heard this.

I wonder why Moses' wife was a problem for Aaron and Miriam. Was it simply because she wasn't an Israelite? Apparently God didn't have a problem with that.

Had she done something to arouse their dislike? Were they just looking for an excuse to say something against Moses? Why would they want to take their brother down? Did they really want the power and authority they thought he had?

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment