10/25/2008

Humility

Numbers 12:3 - (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

We assume that Moses wrote virtually all of the first 5 books of the Bible with the possible exception of the end of Deuteronomy which describes his last hours of life on earth and his death.

I wonder about this verse, too, though. I believe it but wonder who really wrote it. If you really were the most humble person on earth, would you tell everyone about it?

The editors of the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible decided to make this a parenthetical statement. Could it have been inserted by someone like Joshua? Someone who was a close friend and ally who knew Moses very well and could attest to his sincere humility?

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment