2/15/2009

Keys

Judges 3:24-25 - After he had gone, the servants came and found the doors of the upper room locked. They said, "He must be relieving himself in the inner room of the house." They waited to the point of embarrassment, but when he did not open the doors of the room, they took a key and unlocked them. There they saw their lord fallen to the floor, dead.

I wonder who first invented keys and locks. I wonder if these key-lock combinations resemble any of those we have today.

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

1 comment:

  1. I came from the Living Word website. I think the lock & keys have just progressed from the original designs way back then. I think it was harder to make locks back then and therefore probably only the intended key worked because it was made to fit perfectly. I found an interesting bit o' history on locks http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bllock.htm

    Keep on keeping on...

    ReplyDelete