2/15/2009

Adoni-Bezek

Judges 1:7 - Then Adoni-Bezek said, "Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off have picked up scraps under my table. Now God has paid me back for what I did to them." They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.

Assuming Adoni-Bezek wasn't exaggerating, I wonder who the 70 kings were. Were they from the 70 closest city-kingdoms to Bezek? Did they include more than one generation of rulers? Were some of them from far away?

Did Adoni-Bezek have 70 kingdoms under his control all at once? How many people did he rule at the height of his power and influence? Was he famous enough to be mentioned in other histories?

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment