12/04/2008

Og's Bed

Deuteronomy 3:11 - (Only Og king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaites. His bed was made of iron and was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide. It is still in Rabbah of the Ammonites.)

I wonder if Og was so large that he needed a bed this big (probably) or if he just had one made this size to make people talk about it. If he really needed one 13 feet long, that probably means he was about 12 feet tall. Imagine what the doorways of his house or palace would look like -- or how big a tent he'd need.

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

1 comment:

  1. Patrck7:59 AM

    Well...I just wanted to know IF it ever WAS found?? I read about it many times, and have just come back from Jordan (Amman) where its supposed to be, but ran out of time!

    ReplyDelete