11/20/2008

Balaam Goes Home

Numbers 24:25 - Then Balaam got up and returned home and Balak went his own way.

I wonder if Moses ever met Balaam in person. That would have been one way that Moses could have learned about what Balaam and Balak did, so he could write the account here in the book of Numbers. There is no suggestion that the two of them ever met though.

Even if they didn't, there are plenty of other ways Moses could have come to know what Balaam did concerning Israel. Others who were there could have told Moses (or some other Israelite). Someone else could have written about it, and Moses could have read it. God could "simply" have told Moses about it in one of their conversations or in a vision.

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment