2/16/2008

Felix

Acts 24:24-25 - Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was a Jewess. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus. As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, "That's enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you."

I wonder what Felix was afraid of. I could guess that he was afraid of what Paul either already had discussed or was about to speak about -- something that made Felix realize his sin and the consequences of that sin, if he did not repent of it and change his ways.

I wonder if Paul knew something in particular about Felix that Felix didn't want others to hear, and so Felix stopped Paul's sermon just before he got to that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment