8/06/2007

At the Tigris

Daniel 10:4-8 - On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river, the Tigris, I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of the finest gold around his waist. His body was like chrysolite, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.

I, Daniel, was the only one who saw the vision; the men with me did not see it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves. So I was left alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless.

If only Daniel saw the frightening vision, what made his companions so terrified that they ran away? Daniel had seen visions of this magnitude (or greater?) before. What made this one so scary?

I wonder how Daniel knew his face "turned deathly pale."

No comments:

Post a Comment