5/05/2009

The Heroes of Jabesh

1 Samuel 31:11-13 - When the people of Jabesh Gilead heard of what the Philistines had done to Saul, all their valiant men journeyed through the night to Beth Shan. They took down the bodies of Saul and his sons from the wall of Beth Shan and went to Jabesh, where they burned them. Then they took their bones and buried them under a tamarisk tree at Jabesh, and they fasted seven days.

I wonder if it was difficult to find the bodies at night. Or was it really obvious even in the dark?

I wonder if the fasting was a total abstinence from eating for the entire week. I doubt that they didn't drink any water for the entire 7 days.

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

1 comment:

  1. Per your "What brought you here?" request - I came here through your link in the About Me page of Fun Board Games. I was at Fun Board Games because my friend Eric Franklin(aka gamethyme) recommended your site.

    ReplyDelete