3/14/2009

A Levite from Bethlehem

Judges 18:1-4 - In those days Israel had no king.
And in those days the tribe of the Danites was seeking a place of their own where they might settle, because they had not yet come into an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. So the Danites sent five warriors from Zorah and Eshtaol to spy out the land and explore it. These men represented all their clans. They told them, "Go, explore the land."
The men entered the hill country of Ephraim and came to the house of Micah, where they spent the night. When they were near Micah's house, they recognized the voice of the young Levite; so they turned in there and asked him, "Who brought you here? What are you doing in this place? Why are you here?"

He told them what Micah had done for him, and said, "He has hired me and I am his priest."

I wonder how these men recognized the Levite's voice. Where had they heard him before?

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

1 comment:

  1. there is some relationship between the levites, ephraim, and judah. I'm thinking the levites that would have served in ephraim were imported to bethlehem.

    I am thinking David was a levite or ephraimite, not truly of Judah. Boaz might have been of Judah, but ruth's firstborn would have carried on mahlon's name. that is if I understand deut 25:5-10 correctly.

    I am trying to chase this down and found your blog.

    ReplyDelete