8/26/2008

Dinner with God

Exodus 24:9-11 - Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself. But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.

I wonder what form God took when he showed himself to Moses and the elders. Most likely a human likeness as he is known to have taken on other occasions.

What did they eat and drink while in God's presence? I get the idea that it was something God had prepared for them as opposed to a meal they had brought up with them. How long did they stay and how much did they eat? Did this special meal have any unusual or lasting physical effects on them?

I'm curious. Could you please tell me what brought you to this page by mentioning it in a comment? I won't publish the comment, if you ask me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment