3/01/2008

Going out for supper?

1 Corinthians 8:9-13 - Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

Why would a Christian eat in an idol's temple? Was it just like going to a fancy restaurant? I imagine they did have good food there. After all, whoever brought the sacrifice probably gave the best they had in order to appease the god.

No comments:

Post a Comment