5/13/2008

Omega and Alpha

I have reached the end of the Bible. I'm now starting over at the beginning again. As I read through it again, I'll either add to existing posts when that seems best or simply post a new entry following this one. Perhaps sometimes I'll do both. It will probably depend on the nature of what I have to wonder about.

"You mean you haven't wondered about all you have to wonder about already?"

Nope. Just as I find something "new" in the Bible every time I read through it, I know there are more things I'll wonder about that aren't spelled out. I've already thought of some that I'll post when I get to the corresponding verses this next time around.

"What do you mean you find something 'new' every time you read through the Bible?"

I've read the whole thing cover to cover more times than I can remember. (It's really not as difficult or as dry as some would lead you to think.) Every single time through, I've found something that I'd almost swear wasn't in there before. Of course, it's just something that I've forgotten (It is a big book.), but it feels sorta like a new revelation and makes me glad I took the time to reread it yet again.

For example, in Genesis, chapter 1, the account of the creation of everything, it just dawned on me -- like it never had before -- that the universe wasn't all created at once. The Earth was first; the sun, moon, stars, etc. came later. Obvious? Sure, but the idea of just the Earth being there all by itself really struck me this time.

So much for the Big Bang Theory. The Earth is the focus of it all, not some "starting point" billions of light years away. The universe was created for us to wonder about and discover things in. The Earth didn't come from the creation of the rest of the universe; that is, it didn't come spewing out of a massive explosion that got it all started.

I wonder if there's anyone or anything else living out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment