5/02/2006

Wonderful

"Wunnerful! Wunnerful!" Those of you old enough to remember Lawrence Welk know that he often used that word to refer to music that his orchestra played. I'm using the word "wonderful" here to describe the truth of the Bible. I use it both in the joyful sense that Mr. Welk did and in a more literal sense meaning "full of wonder."

In that same sense, I think you'll find me "full of wonder" here too. There are lots of things that I wonder about as I read the Bible. It's not the doubting kind of wonder as if to question whether a passage is true or not. What you will read here is not meant to shake your faith in any way. It doesn't shake mine. This is instead most often a wonder about the "cracks." It's the stuff in between the lines and behind the scenes. If I had been there, what would it really have looked and sounded like? If a Hollywood director needed to fill in the gaps to make a watchable flick...that's the part I wonder about. And what about the smell, the taste, and the feel?

On top of all that, I sometimes wonder about the bits that God didn't need to tell us about and historians still haven't figured out. How tall...? What did they use to...? Did anyone ever...? Questions of that ilk.

If you are interested in this type of wonderment too, visit here from time to time. Add your comments. Maybe even try to answer some of my questions.

So, on to the wonderful truth....

No comments:

Post a Comment